Team Dug In is Growing & We'd Like You to be a Part Of It. The following positions are OPEN immediately.
If you are interested in learning more or applying please send an email to email@example.com with "HIRING" in the subject line. Within the body of the email, please include the best way to contact you, the position(s) you are interested in, and your knowledge/interest in joining Dug In Farms.
A few things to know while considering a position at Dug In Farms.
* These are paid positions, however we are happy to pay in Dug In goods.
* The positions are during the market season, March - December.
* We can be flexible with dates & times, however, consistency is critical to the farm operation.
* Many of these positions can be "shared" between two or more individuals allowing folks to be away for vacations and family commitments. In addition, a single individual can perform several of these positions if interested and a good fit.
* Some positions require the ability to lift a certain weight. This is non-negotiable.
* Skills are important but attitude is the most important attribute you can bring to the farm. ALL candidates must have a naturally giving and joyful outlook.
Driver - this person will pick up produce from Northern Neck farms Wednesday afternoon (Garner's Produce, Mennonite Farms, etc). Typical day is four hours (1 - 5 p.m.). Must have good driving record, able and willing to lift 75 lbs, flexible and thorough, a great representative of Dug In to outside farms. In the high season (Memorial Day - Labor Day) pick ups can be twice/week but commitment is only for Wednesdays.
Seeder - this person is responsible for seeding each week (typically 20 - 40 trays of seedlings), must be organized, efficient and able to work independently. Seeding can be done in 2-3 hour blocks, once or twice a week depending on time of the year. Feb - April and Sept - Oct are the busiest seasons. Seeding days are flexible but need to be consistent. Individual will help with assessing germination rates, etc.
Farm to Table - this person acts much like an "expediter" in a restaurant, understanding & working with the "back of the house" (farm) and the "front of the house" (market). The individual works during peak volume times of the market (Th, Fri, Sat a.m.), must work efficiently, have an eye for detail and quality and be able/willing to lift 50 pounds. This person coordinates harvesting so that the market is full of Dug In produce and flowers at all times, builds restaurant and customer orders and ensures Dug In quality standards for outside produce/vendor items.
Flower arranger - this person will work two mornings each week, ideally Thursday and Saturday mornings (8 - 10 a.m.). The exact mornings are flexible, however, the days need to be consistent. This individual will arrange bouquets to sell in the market. Basic knowledge of handling flowers is helpful, however, this position requires efficiency and standardization in creation of arrangements.
Spanish Tutor - this individual will provide weekly tutoring and Spanish instruction in a one-on-one setting. Spoken language is most important with an emphasis on food, farming and basic logistics.